Wells Fargo - Consumer Loan Underwriter 3 | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Consumer Loan Underwriter 3"

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Base aalary $63,000.

Cons

Company hired me as a Senior Underwriter although I had no experience in mortgage lending, only commercial underwriting. Although I learned quickly, there were some details that I missed. The Lending Manager responsible for granting loan authority claimed she had trained me several times, which was completely false. I was let go after 3 months due to mistakes on 2 loans out of 24 that I had underwritten. Very unfair envirornment. 10+ hours of overtime required per week.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "The best company I ever worked for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Wells Fargo. I worked for Wells for nearly 5 years. I went through many significant changes during my time with Wells; not only were the changes relevant professionally, but there were major personal struggles and growth during that time as well. I was able to utilize many different benefits Wells Fargo offers: the tuition reimbursement program, short-term disability, singing in the choir in Minneapolis, the volunteer program-Junior Achievement Finance Park, several different employee recognition programs, and many other programs which provided a fulfilling work environment.

Cons

As with any work environment, there can be tension and issues that arise between employees. I found that my particular department was a breeding ground for negative issues and cliques. These problems, however, are common everywhere.

"Great Colleagues and Company to work for"

Former Contractor - Online Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Online Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- Professional work environment
    - Professional colleagues
    - Training
    - Well defined processes

I enjoyed my time contracting at Wells Fargo, it was a great experience and learning opportunity. I would recommend this employer, especially the Online Marketing Team. Intelligent colleagues and lots of opportunity to learn various facets of the business.

Cons

- Not too many full-time opportunities
    - Sometimes cramped working environment
    - sometime inflexible work environment

The only thing that I did not care for was the work environment at times when they ran short on space. One item they can improve upon is the inflexibility to work remotely within certain teams. It seems like this is an outdated practice that should be updated.

Advice to Management

- Staff more FTE posiitions
    - Ensure comparable work environment