Wells Fargo - decent company overall | Glassdoor

"decent company overall"

Current Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. It's a pretty supportive environment and good work/life balance. It's easy to move up.

Cons

They are a bit demanding when it comes to "solutions". That's a term you will become very familiar with should you get a job there. They do terminate people who don't meet the goals. I also feel like we get coached to death. I understand they want us to get good service scores but it's a bit much.

Advice to Management

putting so much emphasis on sales hinders service. There should be a balance there.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Sales driven with opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Concord, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

growth opportunity, good benefits and opens doors to different divisions within the business. networking.

Cons

high sales pressure causes some employees including management to deviate from company values, creating a culture of a used car sales lot on the retail banking side. Lots of unnecessary sales, lack of value to the client.

Advice to Management

do not allow your management to be ok with phony sales just because theres pressure from upper management. Creates zero value for the customer and in the long run hinders the relationship.

2. "Your experience will depend on your branch and team. What you make of it is what you get out of it."

Current Employee - Teller in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WF is great at moving up its team members. This is definitely the place to be if you want to grow.

Cons

Sales goals are ridiculous. The amount of pressure from top to bottom gets old very fast.

Advice to Management

Find another way to make your sales goals besides pushing your teller line for sales. Its very un-motivating and frustrating constantly being pushed. Also, service managers should be reviewed more often. They are the ones with a direct impact on the teller line and if they are unable to do their jobs then they should be fired. It would be better if the teller line was able to critique them as well.