Wells Fargo - Decent Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy work. People are nice enough. Good amenities (cafeteria/cheapish gym). Somewhat frequent free food.

Cons

The usual corporate extracurricular stuff seems to be encouraged to a great degree.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "The people are great but the company is hard on the employees"

Former Employee - Teller in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Teller in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's decent pay for just a job. Anyone can do it although you have to have thick skin and work well under pressure. You pretty much do the same things everyday and it isn't exciting unless you get robber or someone steals money. If everything goes smooth you have easy days.

Cons

The managers think they have to be mean to do their job. They constantly threaten the employees with write ups for small things. If you don't get a minimum of 80 solutions per quarter they write you up. You have to get 120 for pay out of 100 bucks only!

Advice to Management

I think all of Wells Fargo needs a revamping. Everything is so old and you guys kill the employees with stress.

2. "A decent place to work but..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, not too stressful (depends on job though), strong financials, opportunities for advancement. Working for a bank gets you good deals on credit cards and mortgages! Tuition reimbursement always helps too.

Cons

Company is too big, management is way too far removed from employees. My department had a severe lack of recognition (I once got a bag of M&Ms as a year end thank you, while friends at other companies got big bonuses!). Pay is low relative to market, although that has changed for some departments since the merger with Wachovia (actually it wasn't a merger, we bought them out). Another thing is that since the merger there has been a clash of cultures between legacy Wells and legacy Wachovia. A lot of Wells people lost their jobs to less qualified people on the Wachovia side, and the Wachovia folks have a real attitude problem. This is seen all throughout the bank. Wells also increasingly strayed from my personal values as time went on. Also, the company is too spread out, preventing company gatherings on a broader level. You basically never get a chance to meet people in other departments unless you work with them.

Advice to Management

Get more in touch with your employees. Understand their values and motivations. Be more attentive to the dynamics and politics at lower levels, and have better conflict management policies.