Wells Fargo - Lots of smart people, needs improvement | Glassdoor
  1. "Lots of smart people, needs improvement"

Current Contractor - Marketing Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo for more than a year

Pros

They hire smart people, so there are opportunities to learn from others. Good work - life balance. Safe, diverse, thoughtful environment and peers.

Cons

Process gets in the way of progress, it takes far too long to get anything accomplished. You won't get cutting edge anything here, exceptionally conservative in all aspects. As a contractor you will not have all the tools you need to do your job well, and it feels designed to be that way.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat and keep cutting, start at the top. Conservative is good when we're talking risk, but not when we're talking technology - make that more of a priority. Certainly you're trying, but see process comment above.

Wells Fargo2019-03-08
  1. "Amazing group of coworkers!"

Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Relatively simple job that is quick to learn (lot of constant repetition)

Cons

- Can be difficult to move up.

Wells Fargo2019-09-19

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.