Wells Fargo - process is established and well defined but most of employees don't want to have an ownership | Glassdoor
  1. "process is established and well defined but most of employees don't want to have an ownership"

Former Contractor - Technical Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo for more than a year

Pros

I was surprisingly happy to see that WF has a good standards of processes, and they have goos tools and people who are providing enough trainings to perform the job. Also, being a big organization they constantly have new jobs, which means you can work there always,

Cons

Most of the people, especially young developers, don't have any coding standards, and don't do anything which I could call a dedication or ownership, those young 2 years experience developers are making 6 figures and still working from 9-5, and I'm not saying you don't need to have a work life balance, but you should actually work, and go to lunch for 2 hours work as slow as you could, because you are on L1 visa and... none of this rush is expediting your visa.

Advice to Management

cut lot of upper management positions and simplify the org structure, to many VPs of nothing

Wells Fargo2019-03-13
  1. "Awesome Opportunity"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Irving, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very structured, and extensive training. Great management and peers very helpful.

Cons

Mortgage industry layoffs which affects stability

Wells Fargo2019-09-03

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.