Wells Fargo - Same old Wells Nothing has Changed | Glassdoor

"Same old Wells Nothing has Changed"

Former Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge book of business they service so you do have a decent amount of potential leads to call. Some of my team members were great and very nice to work with.

Cons

Terrible Leadership, It starts at the top and goes down to the market managers and even the Branch Managers. There is so much turn over that home mortgage consultants bounce from manager to manager. Branch managers play favorites with one or two people on their team and the rest of the team is left fighting for scraps. Management does a terrible job of coaching up and teaching new hires or helping long term... employees get better. They only care about trying to clean up their act and fix all the compliance issues they have had. In truth, they haven't fixed anything. they still treat customers and employees as just a number and worry about how much they can make off of you. Its not about what is the right thing to do it is about who is right there. My personal experience was terrible. Many of my team members voiced the same issues and concerns. I had to file a complaint with HR which did nothing to help me or my team members. I was lied to on several occasions by management. Wells Fargo also robbed one of my customers. They took a payment there weren't supposed to. I filled several complaints and the customer was still waiting for his money back 2 months after it happened. If i am being honest I was very embarrassed to call myself a Wells Fargo employee. I am so happy to be moving on.

Advice to Management

Work on bringing in an hiring quality leadership. Who can train and help their team hit goals and get better. Be committed to growing markets. If you not committed get out of that market.

Wells Fargo2019-04-18
  1. "Informatica ETL Developer"

Current Contractor - Senior Applications Developer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo for less than a year

Pros

To learn more about banking

Cons

No individual ideas are considered

Wells Fargo2019-08-07

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.