Wells Fargo - If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Advice to Management

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and the hourly pay is not bad

Cons

They tell you its about the customer but they want you to open accounts that people don't really need to meet the high sales goals. Commission structure pay is horrible and not worth all the work they expect.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to sell services/products that customers truly don't need.

2. "AWFUL!"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Chester, PA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My peers were great, otherwise, none!

Cons

Incompetent managers that have no regard for their reports, awful business forecasting(150 underwriters and NO LOANS COMING IN!)...and the site manager is a disgrace.

Advice to Management

Throw out ALL MANAGEMENT at this site and start over!