Wells Fargo - Wells Fargo | Glassdoor

"Wells Fargo"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a plethora of opportunities at WFB. If you are ambitious you will go places. If you can manage up you will even go farther. You can basically write your own ticket and enjoy a long career here.

Cons

Very political culture. A bit dog eat dog. Good Managers/leaders are hard to find through all the big egos at the top. As long as the bad managers are good at managing up it doesn't matter how they treat their team, they still seem to live on.

Advice to Management

More teambuilding opportunities to bridge the gap between senior management and the worker bees.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Good but not the best place to work."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work hours and great people

Cons

Not much opportunity to move up.

Advice to Management

More opportunities for the guys on the bottom

2. "Great company but pay and benefits are lacking."

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm very happy with my job and am lucky enough to work for a department with some great front-line managers (although there are some less-than-stellar managers above) and really talented professionals as coworkers.

Cons

The pay is FAR below market rate and the company knows this! As long as you are paid more than 80% of the suggested pay for your job then it's very hard to get good raises to get much higher. Some departments pay at least 90%, some departments hire people in at 100%. There is a pay policy but it is so generic that it allows too much freedom to the management lines to continue to underpay employees.

Advice to Management

Please take an opportunity to have business lines create (and adhere to) a fair pay strategy for ALL employees. I realize that executive compensation is a different beast, but why not apply the golden rule and treat others how you wish to be treated. Ask yourself, "If I am getting a 20% raise this year, is it fair that I limited my employee's departmental raise budgets to 2%?" Treating compensation as anything other than the MOST important aspect of an employee's career is ignorant. If you don't pay us a fair wage, we leave...and that extra $15K you could have spent to keep me will be wasted immediately in training someone else to do my job, and probably at a higher rate at that. Your shareholders expect you to be logical, remember?