Wells Fargo - Wells Fargo B2B | Glassdoor

"Wells Fargo B2B"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company overall. Been with Wells Fargo over 10 years, planning to stay for the duration. Past experience with other large financial institutions such as BofA, Chase, Edward Jones...etc... WF comes on top for me. However, experience with Wells Fargo varies drastically between business lines... So, choose wisely!

Cons

Sales culture is exactly what you would expect in a successful company...that is not the issue... too many individuals placed in mid/senior level positions have driven parts of the sales groups to the ground with poor leadership. Specifically, many mid/senior level managers seem to draw inspiration from the movie "boiler room"

Advice to Management

Wells Fargo touts "people are our competitive advantage" if you want your dedicated employees to believe that, investigate areas where there are extremely high attrition rates. I am not referring to retail banking - that part of banking with always have high turnover due to the nature of it- no matter what company. However, If a business professional division is losing majority of their senior level employees, why is no one looking into this?

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Like a real life Dilbert strip."

Former Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Contractor - Technical Service Specialist in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent employee benefits, not the greatest by any means, but I have seen far worse. Cafeteria food isn't too shabby either. The company name will look good on your resume when you are looking to leave or your contract is up.

Cons

Over-reliance upon contractors which leads to near constant re-training of new "staff" and filling positions. Long time first level Tech Services Specialists barely putting forth any effort to solve problems all while trying to retain adherence to semi-arbitrary metrics. Many emails, conference calls, reports, and other tasks which must be done by a set date/time and aren't read by the person they're being sent to.

Advice to Management

I worked as the only second level Technical Services Specialist on a project for the Home Mortgage division. The software I worked with was fine despite the occasional problem, what wasn't fine was the management and corporate culture. I was told by my supervisor on my first day that while I was a contractor, she (my supervisor) would totally understand and was OK with me applying for permanent jobs as this job wasn't likely to go permanent. I showed up on time, did my work, went the extra mile, and worked to correct some of the mistakes made first level Tech Services Specialists who clearly hadn't read any of the documentation provided to them. As I made every attempt to do this honestly I was instructed to give false and misleading statements to employees who were looking for information as to the status of their tech issue, all in the name of "they'll lose faith in our ability to solve their problem if we say that we don't yet have an answer". All while the attitude I got from the people I helped (the people who were bringing in the money for the company) was that any help - even a partial answer, was better than no help at all.

The final kick in the teeth was being told that my looking for other jobs (something which I was encouraged to do by my supervisor) and a "lack of focus" which was unusual as my focus was something which my supervisor often praised; was the reason for me being let go from my contract. This is not a way to treat people who have the knowledge and expertise you need to get the job done. It makes about as much sense as serving poisoned coffee to the pilot and co-pilot of an airliner high over the ocean and then expecting to get to your destination safely without any problems.

Bottom line: stop relying so heavily upon contractors. They have the mindset of a mercenary and company policy is to retain them for up to 18 months and either hire them or let them go into a 6 month "cool down" period before they can be considered for work there again. This is an atrocious policy and is giving your company a bad image among jobseekers, both temporary and non, as word gets out. When the cafeteria staff seem to have better job security than your "employees" do then you know it is time to re-evaluate your priorities.

"Wells Fargo"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a plethora of opportunities at WFB. If you are ambitious you will go places. If you can manage up you will even go farther. You can basically write your own ticket and enjoy a long career here.

Cons

Very political culture. A bit dog eat dog. Good Managers/leaders are hard to find through all the big egos at the top. As long as the bad managers are good at managing up it doesn't matter how they treat their team, they still seem to live on.

Advice to Management

More teambuilding opportunities to bridge the gap between senior management and the worker bees.