Wells Fargo - Solid Company | Glassdoor

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large bank with with overall good opportunity for growth in your career. Very talented people working in the organization throughout. Competitive salaries at higher level positions, employee discounts for banking services, Good place to challenge your skill set

Cons

Too many fire drills or last minute assignments routinely, company believes people should work non stop, company talks work life balance but does not follow the model. Too many emails and conference calls taking you away from doing your primary work

Advice to Management

Give employees more ability to make decisions in their leadership roles, ask the employees and leaders doing the work before making broad decisions. Practice work life balance, not only in theory.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "it can be good or bad depending on who your service manager is"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good hours, benefits for part time, great incentive if you hit solutions goals. It can be a great place to work if you have a good service manager

Cons

I loved it at first until they decided to transfer my service manager to another branch. They brought in a new lady who I do not like at all. I asked her to help me with something and in front of a customer, she said, "do we need to send you back to training?" Everyones hates her, including the branch manager. The only reason she got the job was because she got a lot of solutions when she was a teller. Which is another con. It's all a numbers game here. The people who get the most solutions get promoted regardless of what kind of employee they are.

Advice to Management

Stop transferring managers every few months and stop making everything about "solutions"

"Wells Fargo B2B"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company overall. Been with Wells Fargo over 10 years, planning to stay for the duration. Past experience with other large financial institutions such as BofA, Chase, Edward Jones...etc... WF comes on top for me. However, experience with Wells Fargo varies drastically between business lines... So, choose wisely!

Cons

Sales culture is exactly what you would expect in a successful company...that is not the issue... too many individuals placed in mid/senior level positions have driven parts of the sales groups to the ground with poor leadership. Specifically, many mid/senior level managers seem to draw inspiration from the movie "boiler room"

Advice to Management

Wells Fargo touts "people are our competitive advantage" if you want your dedicated employees to believe that, investigate areas where there are extremely high attrition rates. I am not referring to retail banking - that part of banking with always have high turnover due to the nature of it- no matter what company. However, If a business professional division is losing majority of their senior level employees, why is no one looking into this?