Wells Fargo - Horrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Teller in Orangevale, CA
Former Employee - Teller in Orangevale, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and okay pay

Cons

Management plays favorites A lot. Under staffed leaving it very hard to get any day off that is needed. I was hired at 20 hours and didn't work less then 32hours which made it hard for my schooling. They don't care if you have family issues going on you still have to work all your shifts. They told me when I started I would get one Saturday off a month but never did and worked over 10 hours every day. Horrible managers, I really don't recommend!

Advice to Management

Stop being so selfish and stop pressuring sales it makes employees not want to preform!

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "One Size Does Not Fit All"

Former Employee - IT Support in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WF is a large company with world wide presence and potential to grow as the market and management can envision its future. As with any large organization, there are plenty of great, hardworking people.

Cons

As size is an advantage it can also work against it. Whole departments can be forgotten and constantly need to fight to remain relevant like an ocean of corporate survival. I came into WF as part of a buy-out from a smaller company and noticed the difference in employee treatment immediately. My department's second class citizenship was clearly visible.

Advice to Management

WF seems to be almost encouraging a culture of managerial indifference which, in my opinion, has led to mayor mistakes and poor judgement in banking and personnel management. I hope that they see the light and rectify their path to success. Also, people who work remotely after a reorganization or buy-out need equal treatment and respect. Constant complaining about senior management with subordinates may gain sympathy with your manager but does not improve morale overall. Many people depend on you to survive as well.

2. "Regional Pvt banker"

Current Employee - Regional Private Banker in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Private Banker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great value brand. Proud to be working for this. Product offering are varied and hence has a greater opportunity of retaining customers in the long run.

Cons

Short sighted immediate management. Focused only only on short term gains. Pushes the lower level employees to the limit of getting sales. No long term strategies to grow and retain business. Currently succeeded as all the banks out there are worse in customer service.

Advice to Management

This is a great company and have a long term view of the market and customers. Things started looking better beginning of the year with less emphasis on short term goals but seems have changed track and back to the old way of daily results regardless of consequences.