Wells Fargo - Outstanding! | Glassdoor

"Outstanding!"

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work life balance. No weekends and great management!

Cons

Have not found any yet!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Get ready to be used up and possibly discarded"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary
    Benefits
    Advancement Opportunities (if you can manage to stick around)
    Location: Branches are everywhere and HR does its best to put you in a convenient location.

Cons

Turnover: My supervisor said an externally hired banker has a 50/50 shot of survival. I think WF's tactic is to bring in as many new bankers as possible, use up their social and family networks for new accounts, and then let them sink or swim as to whether or not they are meet sales quotas. No wonder WF is constantly hiring and training.

Sales Pressure: Even experienced sales people have acknowledged the ridiculous sales pressure, often at the expense of young, elderly, and limited-English customers.

Management: Can't speak for all managers, but mine was only in it for himself and had no tolerance, patience, or useful/ethical advice for a new banker for not meeting the ridiculous sales goals. Hopefully you would get a supportive boss who is not hounding you from Week 1.

Training: Although everything is thrown out the window once you get to the branch, the 4+ weeks of training is a nice transition into banking and the company.

Ethics: WF branches will do anything for sales, including misleading statements and using scare tactics (esp. against the elderly).

Deceptive Job Description: Don't take a CSSR position to provide customer service (it is all about sales). I was run only as a banker and not allowed to work as a teller despite massive wait times for customers.

Hours: If sales goals are not being met, expect to stay late to set appointments and come in early for shame sessions (because waking up earlier than usual on a Saturday - even one you have off - is the best time to sharpen those sales skills). The upside is overtime pay, but I didn't think it was worth being belittled.

Advice to Management

Live up to your sales quality and ethics mission statements. I don't see why anyone needs to have second, third, or fourth sets of savings and checking accounts, but that is what the sales goals drive branches to do.

2. "Good"

Current Contractor - QA Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Current Contractor - QA Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture and best pay

Cons

no remote access for women if emergency