Wells Fargo - A Great place with good people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"A Great place with good people"

Former Employee - Traditional Branch Teller in Glendale, AZ
Former Employee - Traditional Branch Teller in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good hours, well rewarded for sales, good schedule, reasonable pay, clean environment. Once you establish credibility with your customers, you can sell services that they truely will be benfitted by.

Cons

You need to know how to sell products and services to meet the minimum sales requirements. Sales are required before you even get the hang of working the window. Better training on transactions would be helpful.

Advice to Management

People come into your establishment to get assistance with their accounts. They count on your company to serve their needs and interests. By requiring sales of associates you end up getting employees who sell inappropriate products which are mismatched to the customer's needs.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Don't really care about people, only the money."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Windsor, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Windsor, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teach you to set goals, daily, monthly, quarterly. Train you on sales.

Cons

The main focus everyday was how many "solutions" you could get. This is adding a credit card, insurance, open a new account etc. This is why they are always trying to get you to sign-up for something whenever you come in. I quit after 6 months and even though I was number 2 in the district for sales and I quit after the quarter was finished and only the week before the bonus was supposed to be paid, I was not paid my bonus. I was a Personal Banker and enjoyed helping people and offering products that I felt would be benificial to them. I didn't like feeling I "Had" to get them to sign-up because I hadn't met my quota for the day. When I gave my 2 weeks notice they offered me higher pay to stay, so it wasn't because of my job performance that I was not paid what was owed me.

Advice to Management

Realize that customers don't like being "sold" something everytime they come into the bank to do business. We need to focus more on customer service and not on selling all the time. If there is a product that will help them we need to offer it, not just be "selling"

"Wells Fargo is the worst"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Air conditioning is the only thing I can think of and even that can only be turned up or down by 3 degrees

Cons

Work/ life balance, expectations of sales and service, system, upper level management, pay, ethics

Advice to Management

Get back to basics, get back to reality an treat your employees the same as they are expected to treat customers