Wells Fargo - Finance Analyst | Glassdoor

"Finance Analyst"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

it was a very good work environment. Great place to be and a wonderful staff around me

Cons

not really a lot of cons that I can think of. one that comes to mind is the amount of hours that I worked throughout the week.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Personal Banker (SAFE)"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wells Fargo apparently has the top rated training in the retail banking industry. That makes it easy to be considered an asset for any other bank in the area. Benefits are GREAT, big company means theres somewhere to go if you can stomach working in the retail division.

Cons

Retail Banking. That should be enough to steer anyone away. My initial experience was great, but I had no idea what type of sh*t storm I was getting in to. There is no plan. none. Every week we implement a new system, or a new way of tracking sales, or theres a new reason why we didn't hit a certain number of checking accounts. Oh. My. God. Don't get me started about checking account sales. "You're working on a $100,000 line of credit? Well, did you get an appointment for a checking account?" That pretty much sums up my first couple months at Wells Fargo.

Advice to Management

Pick a plan and at least ride it out to see if you need to make changes. Understand that all these new DDAs coming in are for existing customers, that don't really need them, and eventually just come in upset. And stop worrying so much about Top Boxes.

"Great company depending on your team makeup"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, nice incentives, many job opportunities

Cons

There's some degree of micromanagement. No matter how great you do or how well your store produces, it never seems good enough. I can understand the importance of constantly improving but you are judged for success by the last thing you do, even if overall you have been on top. They make you feel guilty about taking time off to take care of family or yourself ( or at least at my branch) and that is wrong because family has to come first.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the other employees such as the tellers and the bankers by reaching out to them once in awhile and telling them what a great job they're doing because some managers don't express that. Also be more selective when choosing who you put in leadership position. And stop changing the goals to reflect unrealistic numbers! It's stressful enough