Wells Fargo - Great place to start your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Great place to start your career"

Former Intern - Intern
Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Wells Fargo as an intern

Pros

Had a great impression about WF during my internship. The company seems to really care about its employees and customers. I would go back full time. Seems like there was a great work life balance for full time employees.

Cons

Such a big company can feel impersonal occassionally. Segments of the business can be pretty segregated.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "It is exciting to delve deep into PowerShell scripting at a corporate infrastructure level."

Current Contractor - • Corporate AD Infrastructure Administrator in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a great deal of flexibility on hours and I am well respected. And you can wear shorts. ;-)

Cons

It is only a temporary contract position.

Advice to Management

I believe if you check the cost involved in hiring outside and application training for a contract position you would find it more finically sound to hire another IT person with my level of skill.

2. "Don't get stuck in a bad division/group you will be there forever!"

Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally the bank is supportive of all minorities and that goes a long way with me.

Cons

There are some very unscrupulous managers/VPs in groups that do not have clear profit centers and support the branches. They run through bodies like water and care little for honesty or employee retention. Very poor reflection on this organization.

Also they send their tellers out in short skirts or tight clothes (manager requested) to bring in new business at a car wash or mall. They should not have to denegrate themselves for the minimal wages they earn. They have gotten in trouble for this and still it occurs.

Advice to Management

Top management is solid, but regional is rather pathetic and self oriented.