Wells Fargo - Best employer -- feel like I am a member of the family | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Best employer -- feel like I am a member of the family"

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company truly believes that people are a competitive advantages. There are lot of advancement opportunities available for those who are willing to work for it and perhaps also relocate. Market-competitive pay, medical insurance, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement are some of the current benefits. It is wonderful when one is able to have a manager who lives the visions and values of the company. The environment is one in which diversity among team members and customers is celebrated and appreciated.

Cons

Some positions require long hours and weekend work. Medical package is a PPO or high-deductible with larger out-of-pocket deductibles and co-insurance.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Wells Fargo provides employees a mega platform for career development and advancement."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job levels to advance, many areas of the bank to grow into, tuition reimbursement, bonus structure for right areas, freedom to grow, strong salaries relative to industry for those coming in at right level

Cons

too few doing too much (uppers speak work/life balance but not practical to keep up), not converting good contractors to full time associates (keep the good), not dropping the dead weight employees when they should, not paying more than $5k per year tuition reimbursement (tuition is a lot these days) and not paying to reimburse for professional credentials/training, salary increases when profits are all time high are relatively low/minimal, need to figure out a way to jump up salaries to retain good employees. time and time again people leave and come back later, only to increase salary level.

Advice to Management

Work on some of the cons. Overall love working for Wells Fargo. I am making things happen for me and know I can chart my path. As has been the norm since 2008 financial meltdown there are too few employees doing too much (uppers speak work/life balance but not practical to keep up) this is due to attrition and not re-hiring, not converting good contractors to full time associates (keep the good), not dropping the dead weight employees when they should, not paying more than $5k per year tuition reimbursement (tuition is a lot these days) and not paying to reimburse for professional credentials/training, salary increases when profits are all time high are relatively low/minimal, need to figure out a way to jump up salaries to retain good employees. time and time again people leave and come back later, only to increase salary level.

2. "Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of any pros since merger.

Cons

Wells Fargo only cares about employees that originally worked for them and only if they are 32 and under and female and will do whatever and I do mean whatever the upper management request.

Advice to Management

Manage like you are suppose too.