Wells Fargo - Low pay and demanding | Glassdoor

"Low pay and demanding"

Former Employee - Teller in Stuart, FL
Former Employee - Teller in Stuart, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for great hours a.k.a. 9-5 type of job and that is your only goal in your career then banking is for you.

Cons

I was a teller robot. As a teller you were told that it was required to say the same statement to every customer. It was horrible, and the customers hated it! Instead of talking to the customers like human beings, we had to be robots. I had to try to talk customers into signing up for new accounts. I felt like I was annoying every customer that simply wanted to cash their paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop eating donuts all day and drinking coffee and do some actual work!

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Go into a Wells Fargo Branch only if you really need a job, great coworkers but you'll hate the job like nothing else."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is ok, it pays the bills. Coworkers are great, friendly and supportive. Great company with potential. Room to grow if you really like sales and being somewhat of a pest with some clients to chase down business.

Cons

The micromanaging, the pressure to know where you'll go and get accounts because the branch is doing poorly. They want you to shove products to clients throats when they don't need them. They make you open and close accounts for clients to get sales credit when you clearly dont have to put clients through that. Not illegal, but unethical practices to get accounts and meet sales quotas.

Advice to Management

A bank isnt going to grow 150% every quarter. It's a great company with awesome potential, but clients are eventually catching up with unethical practices by bankers and I hear it from them daily. Many clients have no idea that all of a sudden they have extra accs. which may ruin bank's image, no matter how big it is.

2. "Management policy"

Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Frederick, MD
    Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst in Frederick, MD

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible time and ability to customize work schedule

Cons

Management blames contractors for late deliverables when actual cause is poor specifications written by on staff Systems Analyst.

Advice to Management

Give projects an independent review and assessment by third party (other team management)