Wells Fargo - Lots of opportunity for growth, but it's due to the fact there is so much turnover. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Lots of opportunity for growth, but it's due to the fact there is so much turnover."

Current Employee - Teller in Yakima, WA
Current Employee - Teller in Yakima, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive wages, 401K matching, decent vacation time

Cons

High turnover rate, low wages, favoritism, branch manager always leaving early or coming in late

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better! All the decent tellers, bankers, etc are moving to other banks solely due to the fact they can make $3 more an hour.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Unbelieveable turn over"

Current Employee - CSSR Teller/Banker in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - CSSR Teller/Banker in Naples, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers have been great and some wonderful customers. But don't get too attached to the co-workers. At my store in a years time, there are only two of us still left. Some lasting only days or weeks.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. We never have enough staff because most quit within months. The bankers have turned over five times in a year. And the tellers at double that rate. In a year here there are only two of us left. It is a pressure cooker to make sales, make sales, make sales - like a used car lot! There are constant streaming BS emails about how bad the district is doing and how it is time for "All hands on deck" and to get going and chase the sales. Our fourth service manager this year is now determined to make it, so he cheats and dishonesty prevails. He lies to customer and tries to force us to do the same. The other day he told customers that we had been trying to mail them their credit cards but needed to get their signature to do so. Then he gives them a sheet he made up to sign and then he applies for the card so he gets the sale for new credit. Since we cannot keep staff, the last few weeks, most days we have not gotten lunches and have been forced to work overtime and to work from open to close daily. We never get breaks here - ever. Also, they have a script that you have to use that makes you sound like a robot. If you do not use the exact script, you get written up. The last two of us are seeking new positions elsewhere. There is ZERO appreciation for what you do here and nothing but pressure to produce and do the work of three other people. So if you don't mind lying and cheating and working with no lunch or breaks and being forced to do over time, if you are okay with being a robot that no one cares about, then this is the place for you. I would not wish this place on the worst enemy I have ever had!

Advice to Management

Take better care of your people. Don't make us lie and cheat to make sales for you. Don't turn us into robots reading off a script. Don't make us into used car salesmen. Look into what your district managers are doing.

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Collections in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Collections in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with & was given the opportunity to move up with the company after a short period of time by the leaders recognizing that I was really trying my best. Many companies could care less.

Cons

There wasn't a lot of room for advancement in pay raises.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but wish my job had not been moved from Phx to California