Wells Fargo - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Management does not micromanage, lots of freedom.

Cons

Little feedback provided on performance

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. ""An extremely valuable and invested employee terminated over small, accidental policy violation.""

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have ambition, and a great work ethic, there are 9 retail positions to venture through. I started as a teller with ZERO banking experience, and because of relationships I built with my peers, the respect I gained within the district as well as the region, the leadership I provided on a daily basis and the trust that was earned, I was able to hold 6, different positions in less than 3 years. The company has great benefits, average pay, and many employee solutions and discounts to take advantage of. Not to mention the ability to move almost anywhere in the country and work.

Cons

Unfortunately, with as large as Wells Fargo is, and the completely corporate structure, in the end, you are just as dispensable as the next team member. I am a living example of an extremely actively engaged employee, who spent each day coaching, learning, managing and growing those around me. An employee with Wells Fargo in a completely different city, who doesn't know me from Bob, was able to shockingly and without warning, make the decision to let me go from the company. There was and is still a shock wave sent through the region over this. Not even my closest and most respected peers were able to assist with the decision. I was looking to make Wells Fargo my long term career, and was an advocate for integrity and honesty within the daily operations. In the end, Wells Fargo lost a great contributor.

Advice to Management

Considering I was in management, my only advice would be in order to build a strong and successful team, you must make sure that you hire the right people, for the right jobs. Otherwise, you are in for a long time period of frustrations.

2. "Worked with great people in laid back atmosphere"

Former Contractor - Business Analytics Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Business Analytics Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with great people who were not egomanics

Cons

Horrible conference rooms. No wifi or projectors.

Advice to Management

Get connected, WiFi is here to stay.