Wells Fargo - Relocated for Hire | Glassdoor

"Relocated for Hire"

Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package included vision and dental

Cons

Treated as a number and dispensable. Constantly tested on everything you do and threatened with termination. No interaction among employees encouraged yet they claim we are "team members".

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Terrible, high-stress job."

Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Co-workers. My fellow tellers keep me going back. They're a good group of people. If it weren't for them, I'd stop showing up.

Cons

Sales pressure. This is ridiculous. I have actually been forced to submit follow-up appointments AFTER customers have left my window without having their permission first. My service manager and lead tellers try to make me do this all of the time. It's a matter of time before I call HR to report them.

Favoritism within management. I was told that there were certain things that would get me fired/suspended/whatever and I see other employees getting away with the same thing. For example, I came in with a fever of 102 degrees and I was told that I had to stay and work for 10 hours or I would get a formal warning for being absent. The next day, my manager went home because he had a headache - um, WHAT?

Unrealistic expectations. They changed our expectations for a quarter which is good, but the pressure to reach 'gold' is still there. Even if you're hitting your goals every quarter, it's never good enough. The whole 'top-box' thing is not only unbelievably unfair but completely unrealistic. Most customers do not understand how giving all but one 5 could cost us our jobs. Absolutely ridiculous and unfair.

Unethical tactics to open accounts. Much like setting up follow-ups without permission, they'll also tell customers that certain accounts will not have fees in order to coax them into opening them. What they don't explain, however, is the requirements needed in order to avoid those fees. I as a teller end up explaining these things to customers before calling over bankers to make sure they're not tricked.

No work/life balance. Need a day a certain day off? Ask for that day off.. let's say, three months in advanced? Make sure it's on a slow business day? Still get denied! Managers don't have a rat's ass about your personal life. It's all about 'the needs of the business'. Forget taking care of your health, forget having fun, forget seeing your friends and family - it's all about Wells Fargo!

"drink the kool aid"

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

at least its a job.

Cons

just search on you tube for Wells Fargo Banker, monring huddles, its about 99% accurate.
    the process is broken, managers dont train bankers, they tell them that they fell short on their goals and micro manage them.