Wells Fargo - Relocated for Hire | Glassdoor

"Relocated for Hire"

Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Underwriter III in Portland, OR

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package included vision and dental

Cons

Treated as a number and dispensable. Constantly tested on everything you do and threatened with termination. No interaction among employees encouraged yet they claim we are "team members".

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Terrible, high-stress job."

Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Teller in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Co-workers. My fellow tellers keep me going back. They're a good group of people. If it weren't for them, I'd stop showing up.

Cons

Sales pressure. This is ridiculous. I have actually been forced to submit follow-up appointments AFTER customers have left my window without having their permission first. My service manager and lead tellers try to make me do this all of the time. It's a matter of time before I call HR to report them.

Favoritism within management. I was told that there were certain things that would get me fired/suspended/whatever and I see other employees getting away with the same thing. For example, I came in with a fever of 102 degrees and I was told that I had to stay and work for 10 hours or I would get a formal warning for being absent. The next day, my manager went home because he had a headache - um, WHAT?

Unrealistic expectations. They changed our expectations for a quarter which is good, but the pressure to reach 'gold' is still there. Even if you're hitting your goals every quarter, it's never good enough. The whole 'top-box' thing is not only unbelievably unfair but completely unrealistic. Most customers do not understand how giving all but one 5 could cost us our jobs. Absolutely ridiculous and unfair.

Unethical tactics to open accounts. Much like setting up follow-ups without permission, they'll also tell customers that certain accounts will not have fees in order to coax them into opening them. What they don't explain, however, is the requirements needed in order to avoid those fees. I as a teller end up explaining these things to customers before calling over bankers to make sure they're not tricked.

No work/life balance. Need a day a certain day off? Ask for that day off.. let's say, three months in advanced? Make sure it's on a slow business day? Still get denied! Managers don't have a rat's ass about your personal life. It's all about 'the needs of the business'. Forget taking care of your health, forget having fun, forget seeing your friends and family - it's all about Wells Fargo!

2. "Saddly Disappointed- Intern experience"

Current Intern - Diverse Segments Intern
    Current Intern - Diverse Segments Intern

I have been working at Wells Fargo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company and they show you a bunch of possibilities for you in the future. They show you how easy it is for you to move up.

Cons

The internship was based on basically watching people do there jobs all day every day. You have a group project that doesn't take much time to do, but it is all that you have for the entire duration. Never been so bored in my life. My boss never seemed to check up on me. I could have slept most of the time and nobody would really know. Many other interns seemed to face the same issues. The only ones that really got a great experience were the ones located in the bigger cities.

Advice to Management

Give more tasks.... Give individual assignments because in the group people steal others ideas and take credit for them.