Wells Fargo - Large company with lots of politics | Glassdoor
  1. "Large company with lots of politics"

Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

I would say that overall, my experience was positive. It is a huge company and with that comes lots of internal opportunities. The people I worked with were all very professional and smart. They treated people with respect and you received positive feedback for a job well done.

Cons

Because Wells Fargo is so large, it is very easy to get lost within the structure. There are a lot of company politics and favoritism. People seemed to get promoted based on who they knew and if the right people liked them. Morale was very low and many people left during my tenure. There also was a lack of a career path.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, people can be very honest.

Wells Fargo2008-07-01
  1. "Awesome Opportunity"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Irving, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very structured, and extensive training. Great management and peers very helpful.

Cons

Mortgage industry layoffs which affects stability

Wells Fargo2019-09-03

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.