Wells Fargo - Best place to intern | Glassdoor

"Best place to intern"

Former Intern - Business Process Analyst Intern in Charlotte, NC
Former Intern - Business Process Analyst Intern in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was compelled to intern here because of their commitment to community service. Did you know they actually have team volunteering events?

There's such a sense of dedication and mutual respect. I gained a lot of insight into corporate culture and the career opportunities at this company. I was mentored by so many professionals about real-world uses of using Microsoft Word, Excel, and powerpoint. It also was an introduction into publishing content too.

Employees work really hard and are compensated very well. They are family-oriented, family comes first.

Cons

There seems to be poor communication between departments. I saw this after the veil of excitement was lifted. Sometime even within departments, especially when more people started working fully remote while others went to the physical meetings.

There's long hours for the regular employees and it's very stressful. But that's the corporate world for you anywhere.

Advice to Management

Writing is a process. It takes time to get right, give the writers time to write.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Manager never satisfied, constant growth of goals, unattainable and unrealistic!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Frederick, MD

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manager was ably to work in fitting a great schedule that worked well with family life.

Cons

The stress of the calls! Clients are very rude and irate. Some managers don't appreciate the de-escalating of calls that aren't transferred to them but are very quick to put you down on the weekly one on one meetings. Before you complete a goal the pressure is on to complete the next. It makes you feel robotic and unappreciated. Worst of all we were asked to work on a holiday, paid at time and half but when paid it wasn't as such. HR stated it was regular time per hour and we were never compensated. Shortly, after I resigned. I lost any ounce of pride that was left to work with this company. They have no integrity toward their employees and much less for their clients.

Advice to Management

Look up the meaning of integrity!
    Managers need to be examples of good teamwork instead of breaking team spirit.

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, nothing else really except maybe a good example of why not to work for a commercial bank.

Cons

HIGH sales that raise every year, the whole company is based on how many people you kiss up to.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees