Wells Fargo - Challenging banker | Glassdoor

"Challenging banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k match is great at 6% . PTO and vacation days are great. Benefits are great as well and it is easy to move up within the company because they tend to hire mostly from within.

Cons

Pressure from upper management is unrealistic. You need to have two checking acct appts at a minimum per day and in the Cherokee county district 3 credit card apps per day. Also, expectation is often unrealistic and you can't just expect to work here and sit in your office or desk and expect to get sales. The compensation bonuses are like 1000 max per quarter IF you go way above your quota which the way the market is, not a lot of ppl are hitting it. As a banker, don't expect to be offered more than 15.10 an hour and that is with experience. Turnover rate is absolutely appalling.

Advice to Management

District managers need to quit trying to micromanage everything and making employees irritated because that's why turnover is so high.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Great environment, professional, good hours"

Former Employee - Teller in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Teller in Roseville, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had great management, really cared about career progress, worked with my school schedule well

Cons

Customer service surveys are strict, you must give perfect service, and even if you do, your job depends on a call

2. "Collector 1"

Current Employee - Collector I in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Collector I in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A caring company, 144 hours of time off starting, excellent benefits, potential to earn $500-900 of bonus a month. Huge potential for moving up in ranks. Potential to become a supervisor if you can survive a year.

Cons

Hard goals to obtain incentive as a new hire. After tax season, there was a heavy focus on write ups, for any error. One call center has easier rules/regulations/guidelines than the other.