Wells Fargo - Lack of direction, leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Lack of direction, leadership"

Current Employee - Underwriter
Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my line of business, there is nothing positive to add.

Cons

The policies are not detailed enough to complete your job function. The credit policies and work rules are not current or accurate. When management was made aware of this concern they simply stated it is a "gray" area and polices can not be written for everything. The training provided can be classified as inadequate and did not cover the topics/line of business we were working in.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Disturbing"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Elizabeth, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Elizabeth, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WF had awesome benefits and insurance and pay. They also claimed often that it is easy to climb up the ladder of the company...if you made your goals. Commission if you made your goals...however, that never happened.

Cons

The company values are horrible. It really came down to sales, sales and more sales, no matter if you were asked to sacrifice ethics and any kind of loyalty from customers. More often then not, I ended up with customers who just came in to complain and wanted everyone nearby to hear it. It didn't help that management was absolutely appalling.

It was a small in-store location, but we had absolutely ridiculous sales goals, and they were completely unrealistic, and then because we hadn't made sales goals in months, we had to try and make up for that as well. I was there for 9 months, and when I started we, as a store, hadn't made a goal in two months, plus we were understaffed, and a majority of the staff was new. When I left, I was one of 3 members of the staff that had been there the longest, and I saw one of the highest turnover rates I've ever seen.

My manager was probably the main reason for everything. I know she got a lot of pressure from above, because we were doing so poorly, but her solution was to sit at a computer, until matters came to a head, then try something, sometimes fix things, then yell at you for hours until you broke and cried, even though you didn't entirely know that you had even done something wrong. She never tried to re-train you, or help you understand what you could do next time. And this process was true of everyone on staff. Every woman there cried at least once a week at work. The one guy who managed to stay on staff, was written up multiple times because he wouldn't show up for hours at a time on a regular basis. However, he was never fired for this, because my manager liked him, but the rest of us were just as bad or worse in my manager's mind, because we weren't making our ridiculous goals, no matter how much we tried, and were written up just as much for that. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was a customer of WF since 1999. I closed all my accounts promptly when I left.

I was also asked multiple times to do some very shady things when customers applied for various credit products, including "rounding" up salary and length of employment to make sure people were approved, no matter my personal feelings on it. Often, I had to clean up my managers mistakes when she opened accounts before I had even started, and customers were charged fees for months that they didn't know about, because she had never explained to them what she was doing with their money. I opened up some accounts with her while I was there, and before I closed my accounts, got a notice in the mail that my accounts were incorrectly opened and would be closed.

I will never ever recommend their products or them as a company to even my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Learn to train your management and staff much better!! Learn to appreciate your customers!!! Even as a customer for 15 years, I was never given the treatment I was told to give in training, which is beyond disappointing. Please, please please remember that sales are not everything in this world!!!

2. "Excellent training and very helpful"

Former Employee - QA Repurchase Analyst in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - QA Repurchase Analyst in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome employees who are very helpful and patient in training process

Cons

No cons, the employees were all very helpful