Wells Fargo - Great place to learn about banking and customer service. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Great place to learn about banking and customer service."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Above average benifits and opportunity for advancement along with balancing work/life

Cons

Communications Can sometimes be unclear

Advice to Management

Better definition of overall goals of company and how each division plays a part or how they can help to meet these corporate goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Sell or perish!"

Current Employee - Teller in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Teller in Naples, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training at WF is very good. Benefits and compensation are just so-so, espcially for the extreme expectations they place on you.

Cons

The turnover is so great at my bank that we never have enough help. Average term for a banker is about 3 months and tellers about 4. They ever increase the sales goals and this is based on an erroneous idea of the way people banked 30 years ago. We are pressured to sell things to customers they absolutely do not need and have the worst "Service Manager" who will berate us, often in front of customers, if we don't offer a "solution" that they never needed in the first place. A lot of illegal sales tactics especially for credit cards. We are denied breaks and lunches routinely (Again because there is not enough help). We are very poorly treated by the Service Manager who is a pet of the district manager who supposedly supports these shady dealings. He will demean you in front of others and customers and act as if you are stupid. There is no team work as everyone is cut throat for the almighty solution and will cheat in any way possible to get them, so there is no trust or friendliness at work only a very hostile environment. It is very difficult to go all day working closely with people who never speak to one another. The manager is hyper controlling and her moods swing and she stresses because "they" may visit today, this a weekly threat to put even more pressure on and then the tension is so thick as to become unbearable. Then there are these dozens of insipid emails that are mandatory that are constantly sent out to "praise" people for having sold something. This fake praise is all you will ever get and then the pressure is back on for more. It is like the insatiable plant in Little Shop of Horrors. It is constant "feed me"! It is the worst job I have ever had and the worst company I have ever worked for. And I am usually the top producer and always score perfect on the Gallup surveys, so I do not understand the horrible way I am treated. There is no excuse for such horrible conditions nor can there be.

Advice to Management

Get into the year 2014 where people use ATM's, on line and mobile banking. The flow of customers is not such that you can even manufacture the solution goals you have dreamed up. Treat your staff with dignity and respect, no one should have to be beaten up and demeaned every day. Foster team work and pride. At least give your people the lunches and breaks they are entitled to, that is the very least you can do. Act responsibly and legally, do not pressure people to the point that they do unethical things. Make it a place people want to come to work at, not a place they have to come to until they find a job elsewhere and this might just stop or at least slow the turn over.

2. "Very good everyone was very helpful!"

Former Employee - Part Time Teller in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Teller in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very enjoyable experience. I worked there for a short time as a part time teller. Great company culture. I received $11.25 per hour. They gave me ample days off and everyone there was very friendly.

Cons

I felt pigeon holed in my role. There was so many different positions to move up the ladder. Hire from within very frequently. This motivated individuals but also kept them competing against each other but in a passive aggressive way.