Wells Fargo - The PERFECT Student Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"The PERFECT Student Job"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Lead Teller in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Name a student job that offers:
- Professional career
- PTO
- Paid sick days
- Bonus pay
- Competitive pay
- 401k

Cons

Like all jobs, there are always some cons. Here's some for working in my position:
- Some very BAD customer experience
- Holds a risk, since it's financially involved
- Tight schedule offered (it's a bank)

Advice to Management

Listen to your tellers at times. You may have more experience, but they deal with more customers, and have a more "updated" sense of what's going on with customer relations. They know some customers prefer XX behavior, rather than YY behavior, and it was a bit senseless to "program" your tellers to repeat the exact same words over and over to all customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. ""Overly sales driven""

Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

Pros

Fantastic benefits - even a teller that works 17 hours a week gets health insurance and PTO.

Cons

They focus more on quantity. Everybody has these stupid sales goals that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. For example, if I recruit two customers to open accounts - it does not matter that one customer will put in $250k and the other customer never puts in a dime and long as the accounts were opened. Also - they change the bonus structure every quarter and it's like they are looking for a reason not to give you a bonus.

My district manager comes in weekly and it does not matter how hard you work how long you've been there. She told us she could easily replace us with people that work at Mcdonalds and she's willing to fire our entire branch if we don't meet the sales goals. That really makes emplyees feel valued.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the quality of customer service and you'll make more money in the end.

"Do not take this position unless you know people who can help you move up!"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Mesa, AZ

Pros

The benefits are really good especially if you plan on having a baby. Gain good experience in the finacial industry with a company that is secure and well respected. They train you a ton and you can learn a lot.

Cons

You are stuck in every position for at least a year with no exceptions. Once you get a degree they dont care and you wont be promoted. Wells is very political and you'll move up only if you network well. They stress performance but when it comes down to it, it's all about who you know. Management is typically left over from early mergers and they are way past their prime. The older managers have no idea what's going on and no product knolwedge. You work at a fast pace and are expected to bring in huge goals for the company while paying you peanuts for comission's. They completely weeded out the Financial Advisors. You'll be expected to wear suits for a 15/hr job! They want you to look profesional but treat you like children, seriously...You will always only be considered a number. The turn over rate is huge because of this.

Advice to Management

Do what you would expect from your employees. Try to not be so political. Give credit where is credit is due. You'd be nothing without your banker's sales.