Wells Fargo - Phone Banker 1: Nice employees and environment, terrible job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Phone Banker 1: Nice employees and environment, terrible job."

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Phone Banker I in Boise, ID

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting pay was good. The training was very in depth. I got excellent info & experience from the training and from working in the position. Everyone was really nice. Benefits were pretty good. Good coverage for health insurance and you get it as soon as you're done with training.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. I worked in a call center.

The thing that drove me away was the extremely aggressive sales goals. I've worked in retail and sales. This was beyond terrible.

6 of your calls get listened to every month. I got marked down because I didn't at least offer something to a man who just told me his daughter died from brain cancer. That's right: you're supposed to sell on EVERY call so you meet their 25% sales goal.

If you don't get in trouble for your sales percentage, you'll get in trouble for your average call time. Or for being off the phone for more than 20 minutes for the day (bathroom breaks & trips to water fountain add up).

This job WAS NOT WORTH $13/hour. I will never recommend someone to work for them or bank with them. I came to find out employees who had been there a long time were either part time or had work accommodations for anxiety and depression.

It caused me sleepless nights and such anxiety I finally quit. Best thing I've ever done.

Customers who genuinely needed help were looked at like liars as if they were trying to con the bank.

Advice to Management

Don't put such extreme pressure on employees. Don't go around every hour of every day asking "why is this metric low?" Avoid such micro-management.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

quartlerly bonueses for hitting your sales goals

Cons

overbearing on sales to customers

2. "Overall, not bad."

Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Teller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid time off for part time employees, and bonuses are given for meeting sales goals.

Cons

They switch managers around all the time and there is a high pressure put on sales, even for tellers. There is also sometimes inconsistency between what is expected and what is possible. They want you to sell to customers, even if they don't really need the product you're offering.