Wells Fargo - Good part-time work for students. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Good part-time work for students."

Former Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gives you a chance to learn about the financial services industry and values of money management. Somewhat flexible schedule with bonuses for reaching certain goals.

Cons

Can be frustrating dealing with customers who are upset about their accounts. Highly sales driven, much of your evaluation is based on your sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"Unhappy ex employee"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is one of the leaders in the Banking industry. You will have the ability to relocate to almost any state in the country.

Cons

This is a "what have you done for me today environment". There is constant pressure for sales numbers! The customer nor the employee are valued. There is a lot of turn over. They churn and burn.

Advice to Management

If the company valued the customer and their needs more, there would be more customer loyalty. Also, value you experienced employees more. I was legacy Wachovia. We were told that we would not loss I jobs due to merger but would loss our jobs if we did not meet our "numbers". Then goals were set so high that most were not meeting them unless they were unethical. During manager meets and calls they were planing on how to drive out or fire the "over paid Wachovia employees". They had an advertising campaign while the merger was going on that said "Joe is still Joe" (meaning the Wachovia employees were still here just as Wells Fargo Employees). That did not last 6 months. Joe is not Joe now. Most of the Wachovia employees have been driven out or fired.

2. "WBR Summer intern, very displeased with professionalism of some of the younger people"

Former Intern - WBR Summer Intern in Charlotte, NC
    Former Intern - WBR Summer Intern in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Big brand name that will get your foot in the door IF (and this is a big if...) you want to start a career in financial services.

Cons

Company culture is like you would expect in any big bank - bureaucratic, somewhat boring, bland.