Wells Fargo - Absolutely horrible | Glassdoor

"Absolutely horrible"

Former Employee - Collector II in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Collector II in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has absolutely nothing going for it other than the fact that their collections department will be one of the last to go.

Cons

Please refer to stars below

Advice to Management

I absolutely loathe you you have plenty of work to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Overall Good company"

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Aberdeen, SD
    Former Employee - Business Specialist in Aberdeen, SD

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good time-off policies and benefits are good. Promotions are possible but decisions are based on current job descriptions which may not be accurate. Training is available but can be slow in some divisions due to limited funds in budget. Employees are able to relocated within same department.

Cons

Entry level positions are easy to get but as experience is gained its hard to transition up due to job descriptions that are being referenced a crossed divisions. The company values have changed in the last few years and the direction of the company also changed for the better. Often times lots of change and employees aren't always informed which causes them to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Try to inform employees to prevent them from leaving. Offer reference books for self-education and training if budgets are tight.

2. "BAD work hours"

Former Employee - Service Manager II in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Service Manager II in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Able to work with great people that are wanting to advance in their careers.

Cons

HOURS, PAY, SALES PUSHING and not being able to spend anytime with my family due to work

Advice to Management

Why were we open on Saturdays until 2 pm? I was at a very large branch that was really busy!!! Were were next door to a large mall. After 12 on Saturdays we could count the number of people that came in or called on one hand. So, why were we open so late? The company was just losing money. It was a stressful position in any retail position because of the push for sales! Everything was sale, sale and sale some more. You could have a really good day in sales, then the very next day have half of that and upper management would tear you a new one. It would of been better if upper management would leave you alone as long as you are making your goals and getting pay out. Also, our DM would promote employees based off of their sales numbers only! So we would have branch managers/service managers in their roles that had no idea what they were doing!!! We had 13 stores in our district and 4 failed their audits! That should of told you something!!!