Wells Fargo - Fantastic, able to learn and grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"Fantastic, able to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Service MANAGER I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of experience, great training, great people. Must be motivated and stay ahead of goals. Work hard and stay positive - you will move.

Cons

Pushing family and friends for another account. Many accounts set up that will never be used. Stressful if you are not a resilient person.

Advice to Management

Go back to the old insurance plans if possible. Couldn't stand the HSA/HRA options, way too costly for a family.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Wellsfargo is charging their employee for phone, laptop and equipment which are required to do their job"

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid time off similar to other companies

Cons

Wellsfargo is paying less than market rate compare to other companies moreover WFC is charging employee for phone, laptop and equipment which are required to do their job.

Advice to Management

I hope management will understand and they will improve this organization wide culture.

2. "Micromanagement"

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for The bank when it was still pre-merger and was Wachovia. Then on Managers were motivational, lead by example and were good mentors. despite the challenge of the job it created a positive vibe in the workplace which resulted to efficiency.

Cons

I believe when it became Wells Fargo the bar was set higher sending the new store managers to breath under their own team's neck. The micromanagement was terrible. I saw my co-employees fall out one by one. the air around the store was just not ideal anymore coupled with the stress of the job. customers who had relationships with older employees were pissed to see they had to deal with new ones again. Relationship banking was not their forte.

Advice to Management

Teamwork should be emphasized and the good leaders should be the managers. They ought to mentor never to bully. The cost you entail training and retraining new employees, the relationship built and had be rebuilt by the fast turnover of your employees will soon catapult back to your company. You are basically in sales and you ought to know by now that your employees are your biggest asset.