Wells Fargo - Interview Proces | Glassdoor

"Interview Proces"

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

I actually came to this site and it's been extremely helpful. 1st part is an assessment online which you fill out. 2nd part is phone interview. To push the process along I found the 800 recruitment center number on my own and inquired about an appointment. That seemed to confuse them a bit but the next day they scheduled my phone interview 5 days after. Simple questions like Describe a difficult situation and how you resolved it, How do you handle an irate customer, etc.

Cons

Be aggressive in pursuing them for the job they are very slow at callbacks from what i've heard.

Advice to Management

Also make sure you dress nice for the group interview.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "Sales job"

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Credit Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Wells Fargo Financial is a very stable company with a varierty of loan products to sell to clients. Salary plus bonus

Cons

A lot of outbound cold calls to unhappy people. Interest rates on loan products are very high and can make you feel bad for doing a loan

Advice to Management

Management should offer more training and education to its employees and offer a stock purchase plan with a match so employees can take pride of ownership in their work

"Good Place to Launch a Career"

Current Employee - Applications Programmer/Analyst in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Applications Programmer/Analyst in Roseville, MN

Pros

Benefits are good - generous PTO, lots of insurance choices, 401(k) match + discretionary profit sharing, education assistance. Employees get good deals on financial products. Work/life balance is important, some departments have flexibility for work from home. I've had lots of professional growth at Wells.

Cons

Since the Wachovia merger, teams are more fragmented and don't communicate/interact as well. Atmosphere feels more isolated. Difficult to move up or laterally to other positions/teams. Management is less connected, partly due to geographic separation. Lots of uncertainty about future job security, leading to low morale in places.

Advice to Management

More townhalls from 3-up and higher senior managers - we have no idea how they spend their days to justify 6- and 7-figure salaries. Communicate more to team members about business decisions and challenges, as well as future job prospects, particularly during merger integration.