Wells Fargo - respectable job for a student | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"respectable job for a student"

Current Employee - Teller in Saratoga, CA
Current Employee - Teller in Saratoga, CA

Pros

I loved saying that I work for a bank. Being that I am in college, it's the best job I can get since I am stil considered 'unskilled' is i try to apply for a respectable job....beats being a macy's slave that's for sure!! Also, your coworkers are more educated and professional compared to sleazebags at dead-end mall jobs...lastly, you get to make friends with your regular customers.

Cons

managers play favorites like no other. There is very little room for growth unless you kiss the boss's a$$...

Advice to Management

Please treat all employees fairly. Also, dont be rude/condescending when offering constructive criticism. Lastly, always make sure that you do not discriminate if someone needs time off for a disability.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

1. "It could be better."

Current Employee - Teller in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Chico, CA

Pros

Wells Fargo is a big company that has great benefits with mediocre pay. I worked all through college and they provided health benefits and also a tuition reimbursement program that is better and much easier to use than most other companies.

Cons

Wells Fargo is a big company with lots of growth potential, that being said, they do not look to promote from within their branches for anything outside of retail. I worked their the entire time I was getting a degree, something that they even paid for but now I cant get a job outside of retail because I don't have the "right" kind of experience.

Advice to Management

Look within to promote. The branch I worked at had six tellers that worked for the company over three years, the company paid for all of our education but none of us work their anymore because we do not have the right work experience to get a job outside of your retail banks.

"Endless Grind"

Current Employee - Government Insuring in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Government Insuring in Eagan, MN

Pros

Job is easy to do just requires good memorization skills, there are no weekends of work required however there are some overtime work opportunities

Cons

Treat you like robots where every second of your day is mapped out. Have to meet ridiculous productivity goals. Every time a goal is met they increase the goal on a curve. Often feel like there is inadequate training and you have to learn things on your own (only after failing a quality audit do you realize things that you were never taught)

Advice to Management

Have a more "flexible" workplace with flexible schedules. Encourage employees to interact with co-workers instead of trying to become the most productive human robot.