Wells Fargo - An excellent place to expand ones career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

"An excellent place to expand ones career."

Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Registered Personal Banker in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Growth Opportunities and excellent training. The amount of training says a lot about what the company will invest in it's employees. They strive to have a very diverse and cohesive work place and it shows. I have worked in a number of large corporations with training programs, and Well Fargo has great follow through which shows in the various levels of management. Another great trait of Wells Fargo is it looks to promote from within the company first.

Cons

Very young workforce in retail positions.

Advice to Management

Not really in a position of direct influence, but the response of middle management is they respect the leadership which tells me a lot. Keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo

"working for WF."

Current Employee - Registered Premier Banker in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Premier Banker in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Wells Fargo has created many career opportunities for advancement. While working there, Wells Fargo paid my way through college to obtain a degree in finance. Wells Fargo Bank also gave the opportunity of taking my securities licenses to further advance in my career. Wells Fargo also compensates you with incentives like bonuses if you make and exceed your sales quota quarterly. They offer lots of benefits including 401k match up, medical, dental and vision insurance.

Cons

One of the the downsides of working for Wells Fargo Bank is the amount of sales pressure put forth to the employees.

Advice to Management

2. "Positive overall - but management can be cheap"

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Good benefits - plenty of time off. I work for Card Services and Consumer Lending, which has a much more laid back culture than the rest of the company, very nice department to work for.

Cons

Current management over-values expense management. It's hard to get much done when management isn't willing to pay for anything. I've heard that Wells Fargo Financial is a depressing unit to work for from co-workers who have gone there and returned to my business unit later.

Advice to Management

Morale is plummeted in my department due to 'expense management'. We can't get as much done with travel bans in effect, and no legitimate alternatives are provided. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.