Wells Fargo - Teller | Glassdoor
  1. "Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Charleston, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to get to know some great customers and I felt like I was great at my job. Customers always complimented me on how efficient and fast I was. When I run in to customers now they all say they miss me. I even became friends with some of the regular customers that would come in to the branch.

Cons

We had pointless weekly meetings on how to improve sales. Management was too pushy for us to get "solutions" and customers hated being asked about car loans or lines of credit especially when they were coming through the drive thru and in a hurry. Management was always standing behind us writing down every word that came out of our mouths just to go over it later and tell us how we didn't follow the script or what... "solution" we should have offered them. There were phone surveys customers recieved and if they rated any less that a perfect 5 then it was considered a bad shop and management would tell what employee was rated poorly. Everyone would be upset at the bad shop and it would only make the employee feel terrible that it was their fault. It happens, you could have an amazing teller and they would be rated a 4 which is still great but Wells Fargo doesn't recognize success. Worst company I have ever worked for, not to mention the lousy salary for all the long hours if someone was out of balance and the pointless meetings. It's impossible to get promoted if you don't suck up to management and do great at sales from the day you start. Wells Fargo is so corporate I don't think the CEO has any idea what is going on in his branches.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the sales pressure, you are a bank and shouldn't be trying to pressure people into debt just to make a sales goal.

Wells Fargo2016-01-06
  1. "Awesome Opportunity"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Irving, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very structured, and extensive training. Great management and peers very helpful.

Cons

Mortgage industry layoffs which affects stability

Wells Fargo2019-09-03

"Coming to work here was the best decision ever."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is phenomenal. The message is all about how the people make the difference and the company is very focused on developing employees. The routines set in place to reinforce the behaviors are phenomenal. Resources available to leaders for improving coaching style are endless! They have even taken external leadership theories and incorporated those into the resources and training available. Highly... engaged and talented people work here, making it a great place to network and grow.

Cons

Some systems are a bit antiquated, but to be honest I’d prefer that over flashy stuff that glitches out all the time. Time off is not very competitive, and it doesn’t increase with positions that have more responsibility, it only increases with years worked at the company. No fully comprehensive health plan, but they do offer a company funded HSA with one of the plans.

Wells Fargo2018-08-25

Discover more reviews about Wells Fargo.