Wendy's - A stable, positive place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wendy's

"A stable, positive place to work."

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the ten years I've been with this company, I've found it to be positive and full of people who are genuinely invested in your development. It's a true team environment, and successes are shared, and failures are learning opportunities. Flexible schedules.

Cons

The job can be challenging in every way. From the physical demands, to the process of trying to motivate and develop 16-year-olds into a workforce. Goals can be tough to meet, and you're only as good as your recent results.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reins on labor guide. Let the restaurant run with a couple more bodies. You won't break the bank, and we'll be able to give the kind of experience to our guests that our shareholders deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's

1. "Wendy's"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wendy's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dave Thomas
    The team I worked with
    The ability to move up in the company
    A new challenge every day
    Very smart senior management
    I would recommend Wendy's to anyone that wants to learn about the QSR restaurant business from the best!

Cons

It is critical that all field management is held to the standards set forth by Dave Thomas and today's senior management. The recipe for success is there and should be enforced.

Advice to Management

Creat succession plans for the operations teams. Because at times people are stressed to deliver on Dave's promise to the consumer, the team's development suffered.

2. "Mgmt. not supportive to emp during times of difficulty in training sessions, often using unkind & derogatory comments."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Cromwell, CT
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Cromwell, CT

I worked at Wendy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 benefit of working at Wendy's is that they teach you all depts. Wendy's makes sure all workers are completely cross-trained to work every dept. and station in the store. Therefore, you learn so much that you can basically go and work in any fast food restaurant after that.

Cons

Wendy's employees are made to work every dept. in the store, and the times when an employee may have difficulties with a specific position, (nobody is great at every dept. position?) he/she is chastised, called out loudly, and often deeply embarrassed in front of every other person within earshot....employee or customer. You cannot be thin-skinned to work there, otherwise it's not too bad, I suppose.

Advice to Management

Have more patience and try to remember way back when......Back when you were a crew member.