Wendy's - No, just no. | Glassdoor

"No, just no."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Chippewa Falls, WI
Current Employee - Crew Member in Chippewa Falls, WI

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got a lot of hours

Cons

The management was awful. They would work they're employees into the ground and then move on. They treated us like animals, and didn't care about how the person felt. I was payed under minimum wage. They did not have enough staff.

Advice to Management

Check up on the management in your franchises.

Other Employee Reviews for Wendy's

"It's ok if you have a good company and good managers, stay for about a year though if you must"

Current Employee - Cashier/Crew in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Crew in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% discount of food items, 30min breaks, easy job

Cons

Been here for almost 2 years and still making minimum wage
    Can't move up in pay unless it's management/which conflicts with class schedules as they will not work around
    When hours need to be cut, they do not care how long you have been with the company or how good of an employee you are, you will find yourself with less hours than the new 2 week in co-worker
    Never enough staff for night shift
    Hardly any teamwork depending on who is working with you
    Always nitpicking (the store I work in is very old and they want us to restore it, yea right, it needs to be remodeled but they are too cheap for that)
    No self serve drinks for the customers in some stores even if the whole area is owned by one company
    Customer service suffers because instead of trying to give a quality experience, they'd (management) rather have speedy times, which is drive-thru so if a customer comes inside and there is only one sandwich maker, be prepared to try and entertain the customer for 3-8 minutes on small orders like one jr. cheeseburger.

Advice to Management

A lot of the managers don't like to help out when its time for shift change, they will go be office bums and customer service suffers because of it, but then you blame us for it. Start rewarding veteran employees with better hours and higher pay. Get off your lazy buts and help out! Stop making those under you do things that you don't wanna do, even if they are busy. Treat employees with more respect, stop favoring some over others.

2. "Fast food is America's version of the sweatshop"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Aurora, CO

I worked at Wendy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to meet people and gain some basic work experience

Cons

Cramped,hot and incredibly stressful working environment
    Crew makes minimum wage with a ten cent raise every SIX months

Advice to Management

Stop paying and treating your employees like garbage if you really want to be "a cut above" and change something, there is no excuse. I won't be supporting your business till it gains some real morals and stops pretending to be something it isn't.