Werner Enterprises - Family Dollar Maquoketa, Iowa | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

"Family Dollar Maquoketa, Iowa"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Maquoketa, IA
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Maquoketa, IA

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for Dedicated Drivers. Although the work is hard the staff has programs in place to take the stress and anxiety out of the drivers daily work routine.

Cons

It is hard work but hometime and office staff support is great

Advice to Management

Kepp up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Werner Enterprises

"Not bad for a starter company"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Miles and training are good they will get you the experience you need. Pay could be better I average about $600/week as a solo otr driver. Also, they honestly to try to get you home on time it just doesn't work out sometimes

Cons

They try to get you home EXACTLY in your day you request. So if your in your home area the day before your requested day expect to work doing shags or sitting at a shipper all day to get loaded just to drive and split the load at the terminal. Also, the pay could be a lot better.

Advice to Management

Listen to the drivers requests and don't advertise that you have local work available when you do not have any local work anywhere in the nation and what local positions you do have available have a 25 person waiting listi

"Have a CDL and a GED? Can you spell CDL and GED....great your HIRED!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first trainer was the most disgusting, filthiest person I have ever met. My second trainer was great. I honestly have nothing good to say.

Cons

Constantly dealing with payroll. You are sent to drop yards to pick up trailers that are not there. I have even been sent to a paper company that was out of paper. Bring plenty of books because you will be doing a lot of sitting around. especially now that the holiday rush is over.

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers please. They know what is going on. Do not let your fleet assigners run the show. They have favorites and it is obvious. Step it up a little. It seems if you have a GED and CDL, and you can spell both of them, than you can get hired at Werner, what a bunch of retards working here.