Werner Enterprises - OTR for werner enterprises | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Werner Enterprises

"OTR for werner enterprises"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great starter company, Learned a tremendous amount about the job, opportunties to advance into different divisions while staying with the same company.

Cons

long hours, communication between planners, dispatchers, and drivers needs much improvement

Other Employee Reviews for Werner Enterprises

1. "bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Driver in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in Riverside, CA

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

non that I can think of at all

Cons

what do you want to know. Everything they sayup front is a lie, they try to keep you out as long as possible, no pay to speak of, the dispatchers are very short with the drivers,overall, you are better off looking for a better company if you are looking for a paycheck. I was very unhappy with the overall experience working at werner. Good luck toanyone thinking about going to work with this company.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Your truck drivers are your bread and butter. You should treat them with more respect than you do. We are the ones out there running our tails off on the road, not you, get over yourselves and listen to your drivers and pay them what they are worth.

"Werner/Dollar General - Disappointed..."

Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver
    Former Employee - Tractor Trailer Driver

I worked at Werner Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accepted right out of driving school. Good exercise, lost 20 lbs. Good on the job training. Trainer was kind of crazy, like me. Generally, 34 hr. resets are at home.

Cons

Pay turned out to be only about half of what the recruiter said it would be. Health insurance lacked. Fleet Manager was just plain mean most of the time. Dollar General buildings seem to be built without any consideration that tractor trailers would be delivering the freight. Had to push 1200 lb. rolltainers up unrealistic delivery areas. It was like the Mechanic's where doing you a favor to get trucks repaired, usually with a delay. If you started feeling good about yourself, either Werner or Dollar General would put you right back down with some sort of an issue. It's a job or a game that just can't be won by drivers. The job kept getting worse instead of better even though I worked my ass off regularly to the point of exhaustion. Too many people there saying, "Just be glad you have a job." If you allow that, that's what you will always get, a crapy job. At the end it was like "Fool me once, your fault. Fool me twice, my fault. Keep fooling me over and over again, I have to be a moron to stay, so I left. Last words I heard in the office, Another fleet manager saying to another driver, "We have been fooling you for years" and then laughing...