Wesser - Gave a new perspective on how to communicate to individuals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wesser

"Gave a new perspective on how to communicate to individuals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Pros

The pay is good, a chance to see and meet many different people and towns, a chance to travel, converse and build bridges, lots of fun :)

Cons

Not all people at the door are friendly, must learn to have a tough skin sometimes, a lot of energy and endurance must be put in, sometimes working late shifts.

Advice to Management

Great teamwork, friendly faces and treatment of employees was good. Perhaps better communication between employees in the future as to when and where each shift starts, and with whom.

Other Employee Reviews for Wesser

1. "Don't be scared by reviews"

Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I worked at Wesser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team environment
    Nice accommodation
    Thorough training
    Confidence building
    Living somewhere new
    Raise money for charity

Before joining Wesser I read the reviews online and was a bit scared about what I was getting myself into. A lot of what people complain about I found isn't the case anymore, and all in all I had a fantastic experience.

This is a demanding job in the sense that it's quite all consuming - you pack up and move somewhere, and live and work with a whole new group of people. Because of the hours - 12-8pm plus travel time - it can be hard to have a work life balance, but if you get on well with your team it's great fun.

I really did enjoy the job itself - it's nice being outside, walking lots and getting to meet new people. I definitely felt a sense of pride that I was doing something meaningful with my summer job, not just pulling pints or stocking shelves. It can get tough when the weathers bad or you've had a lot of no's - no matter how good you are rejection is a huge part of the job. Having said that, when you do get sign ups, the sun is shining and you've had a good day it feels fantastic.

Cons

Lack of job security - need to hit targets
    Unsociable hours
    Can get repetitive

My only real complaint is the job security - you can be put 'on target' which means you have to achieve the sign ups for the week or you are sent home which can be quite stressful. I managed to avoid this myself but it seems to be pretty common. Having said that, my team leader was great at offering training and advice when asked or needed which was really helpful.

Advice to Management

All in all, if you're looking to do the bare minimum and have lots of down time over summer this probably isn't the best job for you. If you fancy something different, meeting new people in a new area and properly getting stuck in, I'd recommend it. You definitely get in what you put out, and I'd definitely consider doing it again next summer.

2. "Working and living in a team"

Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Coventry, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at Wesser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free house lots of support and training Travel to different cities

Cons

Difficult to have personal time have targets to meet or contract terminated

Advice to Management

Allow candidates to go home after training to pack before moving to allocated house