West Corporation - II | Glassdoor

"II"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On a whole, co-workers are hard working, responsive, and loyal. Great 401K plans with employer contributions. If you can handle a company plagued with rules and regulations that slow efficiency down to a snails pace, this is an ok place to work.

Cons

They won't let employees make color copies without a pass code to the copy machine, but Won't allow employees to make color copies without a pass code to the copy machine, but they lose millions on inefficient, archaic systems and procedures. There's so many fingers in the pie, it takes forever to make a decision. Once a decision has been made, they will push for implementation even when it's obviously flawed. Will spend $300 to save $3.

Advice to Management

I have no idea how much effort and funds it will take to move this old dinosaur into the 21st Century. I'm sure way more than you're losing because of current policies and procedures, but you can start by looking at purchasing and AR.

Other Employee Reviews for West Corporation

1. "Working with West Corporation"

Current Employee - Work-at-home Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Work-at-home Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am able to work from home. Therefore, I do not have to be caught up in traffic.

Cons

The main problem now is there is little business right now at HSN, the TV station for which I am taking calls; thus, I am basically earning part-time income.

"I can't believe this place is allowed to operate with their flagrant violations"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Reno, NV

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of overtime, and if you can last for longer than a year, most employers are impressed with your resilience.

Cons

Systems are outdated, sometimes nonfunctional, yet they still expect you to be able to do your job. Management urges people to stay clocked out until said systems are up and running (usually a 15 minute period) Last minute shift holds, pay is way below industry average, breaks are "monitored", in which you must sign out on a constantly-moving sheet, using your own break time to locate it before and after leaving for your break. If you go over 15 minutes in a day on bathroom break (mind you, these are 10-hour shifts) you are docked for an extra 30 minute lunch, which will take a month to be rectified. Sexual harassment is more rampant here than anywhere else i have ever worked. Constant shift changes done with no notice, in which people are not even informed of the changes, triggering termination for employees who are not "in the circle", which leads to the high-school mentality and sophomoric cliques. This company is a complete joke. TURNOVER TURNOVER TURNOVER.

Advice to Management

Take a business ethics class. Treat your employees like human beings. Remember what it's like to be in their shoes, as most of you WERE in that position 3 months ago.