West Corporation - Virtually create your own schedule and pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for West Corporation

"Virtually create your own schedule and pay"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at West Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could pick up/drop hours in real time and that gave me a lot of flexibility to do anything I wanted. I was young and single and saving up for grad school so my relationship with West was perfect. I got plenty of overtime if I wanted it, plenty of downtime too (certain parts of the year were heavier than others). I was one of many so I got away with a lot of things that normal jobs wouldn't tolerate such as calling in at the last minute and leaving early without prior notice. I also wasn't forced to work directly with anyone so I worked at my own pace without having to worry about scheduled breaks and meetings.

Cons

I put in a LOT of overtime and did my best to satisfy customers (i.e. I tried REALLY hard) but it seemed to go unappreciated by management. Not that I was looking for a raise or promotion, but I felt that the supervisors and even some team leads had pompous attitudes and treated customer service reps like lowly peasants. When my quality assurance scores were low I was written and given coaching, but after I brought my scores up and was in the top 5 scores (out of 100 reps) four weeks in a row, one certificate was put on the bulletin board in my honor. No one told me about it and my name was spelled wrong- I didn't know it was supposed to be mine for about 2 months.

Advice to Management

Provide your customer service reps with enough information to make them take ownership of their job. Make incentives be equally as great as punishments or your service reps will eventually feel under appreciated and give a lackluster performance.

Other Employee Reviews for West Corporation

"Worst ever"

I worked at West Corporation full-time

Pros

The pay was okay for what the job was

Cons

No leadership, not valued, inconsiderate.

"Would rather shoot myself in the knee that work here again."

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, however not good compared to other call centers.

Cons

To keep it short, the people who work here are really bottom of the barrel. It's all about who you know. The management and trainers will go out with some of the kids in training and smoke pot, take ecstasy, etc. I'm not exaggerating. If you aren't a total jerk, you will get bullied or made fun of by your co-workers. Literally the worst place I have ever worked. If you really need a job, amazon is always hiring.