West Development - Payroll Specialist / Accounting | Glassdoor
  1. "Payroll Specialist / Accounting"

I worked at West Development

Pros

Great company and people to work for and with.

Cons

Not any downsides at all. Just do your work and do it correctly.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees needs.

West Development2016-10-17

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Loved my job"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at West Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment and space. Very friendly employees who always helped each other out. Close to the beach.

Cons

Not too much room for advancement since the company corporate office is small.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more; they sometimes have great ideas.

West Development2019-10-16
  2. "Exceptional management, but ultimately little room for growth"

I worked at West Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

I held an entry-level position during my time at West Development. I can't really speak for other departments, but HR leadership was very supportive of my career growth, providing ample opportunities to attend training and explore different specialties within the field. Knowledge was accessible, feedback was consistent, resources were plenty, and the director showed us her appreciation for our hard work in a myriad... of ways that demonstrated that she really valued having us on her team. Good leadership is seemingly hard to come by, so this was a really big pro for me. As a whole, management throughout the company seemed caring, responsive, and largely unpolitical, including executive management. There is some flexibility in schedule; although working from home wasn't an option, I was able to determine my own work hours to a reasonable degree. The owners are very philanthropic and there were opportunities to volunteer on a monthly basis (on company time). Company "perks" are good. Company parties, particularly the holiday party, are really great. A lot of thought is put into company events.

Cons

A few colleagues were difficult to work with (personality-wise), but that's to be expected at any company. The biggest con is that the company is small, and thus there was little room for growth. When I left, the company was divesting and there were multiple layoffs.

West Development2018-12-20

Discover more reviews about West Development.