West Interactive Services - Thankful for TFCC! | Glassdoor

"Thankful for TFCC!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Flexibility, laid-back atmosphere, benefits, empathetic management, convenient location.

TFCC is the most fun place I've ever worked for, and the culture is polar opposite of corporate or stuffy. Every employee has their own office, is given their own laptop and cell phone, and most employees can wear jeans. Parties, contests, games and festivities frequently take place (during appropriate times). Employees receive 1 work from home day a week. Some employees are permitted to work remotely full time, due to their personal situation. Additionally, employees are free to arrive late and/or leave early due to illness, child care, etc. as long as their work is completed.

The benefits are beyond satisfactory. TFCC has strived to keep medical and dental costs low, along with implement a Health Savings Account program. The 401k plan is superb. Vacation time begins at 3 weeks and accumulates perpetually as long as vacation time isn't taken. Sick time is virtually limitless. Employees can sell back unused vacation time.

The management is willing to listen to employees and they strive to improve the workplace in almost every way employees suggest.

Cons

Compensation could be better, very poor/vague communication between departments, many members of the Sales staff are inexperienced in the software industry, some favoritism issues.

Through various research and communication with departing employees, it seems there are many (for the most part *larger*) companies that provide much better compensation for the same position and duties.

The communication between departments still struggles. I cannot explain the reason for this phenomenon. I can only speculate that this is a result of forgetfulness, a desire to keep things confidential, and/or social inhibition on the part of employees.

The sales staff employed by TFCC is questionable. The majority of sales representatives don't seem familiar with software, or computers in general. They often have to have basic concepts explained to them (e.g., connecting to WiFi). In essence, the people that are in charge of selling software to clients, have no idea how to use it.

In regards to the favoritism, there are rumors of persons kept on payroll long after they were dismissed from employment for reasons such as "browsing for illegal content while at work on work time." In another example, the travel coordinator for the company maintains her position, despite tens of incidences that involve forgetting to book hotel rooms and booking the wrong flights.

Advice to Management

I felt compelled to write this review after the only other reviews submitted were harshly critical and not a fair assessment of the company (after they were suspiciously both submitted on the same day). For many employees, TFCC is their first employer out of college. For this reason, I truly feel that their lack of experience in the corporate world (or working a full time job in general) causes a negative impression of the company.

TFCC is a wonderful place to work, and the Management should be proud of themselves for making it so.

Other Employee Reviews for West Interactive Services

"Think twice before working at West"

Current Employee - Operator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Operator in Omaha, NE

Pros

In my division the work is easy with lots of down time between job responsibilities. There is plenty of time to study between phone calls and the company provided tuition reimbursement. For those with ambition and the talent (or skill) to succeed there are many opportunities for advancement. The company is continuing to grow and because the pay at entry level is merely average there are many people who leave for better pay thus providing more opportunities for advancement. Each level offers chances to learn new skills that will help with the current job as well as transitioning to another company.

Cons

The division has recently gotten a new operations manager who has made it his goal to pare costs to the bone. Our company is still making a nice profit and our particular client pays for more agents than we actually have at work. However our work week has been cut to 37 1/2 hours instead of 40, almost all requests for overtime are denied and even taking time for for vacation earned is open to the possibility of an attendance violation if there aren't enough agents working. Our health benefits are laughable, and there is no flexibility in work schedules for a 24 hour operation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I keep trying to tell them that happy employees are more productive but they seem to think a paycheck is all we need.

2. "Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at West Interactive Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only positive is the people who sre working in the compsny.

Cons

Too many to list. Management, product quality, untrustworthy

Advice to Management

Get some education