West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District - Good district to be a part of | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District

"Good district to be a part of"

Pros

Teachers are very focused, organized and maintain good classroom management.. An effort is made to promote team building among the teachers and staff at the school level.

Cons

Can be bureaucratic like any school district. Very competitive to get open jobs

Other Employee Reviews for West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District

1. "Make a difference in a child's life!"

Current Employee - Instructional Aide in West Windsor, NJ
    Current Employee - Instructional Aide in West Windsor, NJ

Pros

This is a great school district to work for. I love the particular school where I am an aide. All of the teachers are so warm and welcoming to the aides. Plus they greatly appreciate any help you give them. I look forward to going to work every day because I have a very interesting varied schedule, and because I love helping children in any way that I can. I never have boring days where I find myself looking at the clock every 10 minutes. Instead, the day just zips by because there is always something new happening. In addition, there is a great sense of camaraderie among all of the aides. They are all very well educated, very interesting to talk to, and lots of fun. I am constantly learning and growing as a person. Most importantly, I feel like what I do really matters, and that I am truly making a difference in the lives of the children with whom I work.

Cons

Really none! Well, maybe that sometimes it's hard to please all of the very demanding parents who reside in this district. However, usually it's the teachers (not the aides) who have to deal with those issues. Also, the job can sometimes be a little tough if you're assigned to a very difficult student who has extreme learning problems, especially if you're responsible for that student for the entire school day.

Advice to Management

Just always try to keep the lines of communication open. Be willing to listen to the ideas and opinions of the aides.

2. "teaching"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work for teachers

Cons

Teach to test is new philosophy

Advice to Management

Value your staff