Western Federal Credit Union - Small company made to feel like a large corporation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Western Federal Credit Union

"Small company made to feel like a large corporation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

Western has great benefits, education reimbursement programs and overall a nice place to work at. Western head quarters is located in Hawthorne, CA with a remote office in Torrance, CA and remote offices across the country. People for the most part are nice and usually enjoy doing their job with not too many complaints. Branch employees are kept up to date on the latest company news and requirements for the most part.

Cons

Western employs about 300 employees, which is on the smaller side for a Financial institution. Yet it is run as though it is a large corporation which hurts business and moral of employees. Upper management is lopsided with too many departments under one head and failures happening under that management much too often.

Advice to Management

More training for some back office departments. Slow down on the projects and allow the in house talent to lead and some of these projects instead of bringing in outside vendors.

Other Employee Reviews for Western Federal Credit Union

"Member Service Representative"

I have been working at Western Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The company is amazingly caring. I have never been a part of a company that is SO there for you as this one is.

Cons

I went through a lot of interviews. Two in store and over 3 over the phone.

"A name change can't change the true culture at this place"

Pros

At this point it is very difficult to think of any as I am looking to leave the company.

Cons

I am a long time employee and have watched the top executives turn this place into a “Mad Men” episode of old school management thinking. They have spent the past 6 months working on a “bait and switch” by trying to orchestrate a name change trying to act like they are working on the corporate culture. All the corporate culture left when there was a mass exodus of the past HR team – All I know for a fact, is that the last 3 reviews that have above 4 stars on this site are a straight attempt from someone in Western’s management trying to put lipstick on their pig – oink oink.

My only motivation on writing this was I am looking to get off this sinking ship and was curious what people were saying only to see the executives at Western doing their normal manipulative hocus pocus by magically having a handful of 5 star reviews crafted by an executives hand - I would guess an HR executive from the vocabulary selection.

Advice to Management

Change your ways and treat people like humans and not just a means to the end.

Western Federal Credit Union Response

Sep 15, 2016 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. As a long time team member we absolutely value your perspective. And, you’re right, a name change cannot change a culture. The true culture of any ... More