Western Governors University - Western Governors is a good place to get experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Western Governors University

"Western Governors is a good place to get experience"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Western Governors University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Western Governors is a good place to work if you are willing to work hard and keep busy.

Cons

the pay is not great, but the insurance is reasonable. It is difficult to move up to be anything out of enrollment.

Other Employee Reviews for Western Governors University

1. "WGU Student Mentor"

Current Employee - Student Mentor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Student Mentor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Work from home, little travel, set own hours

Cons

not seeing fellow co-workers too often, focusing on number (rention, student progress, etc) - but every college I work for does that too.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Low pay, poor training"

Current Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Western Governors University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible with schedules- most enrollment counselors work 1 Saturday a month, but that can be changed if you change your 8-5 PM schedule to a 11-8 PM scheduled. Work from home. Great job culture.

Cons

Low pay- get paid $10,000 less even WITH an undergraduate degree than if you were to work for any other company. Difficult quotas, metrics, and only once every year performance reviews make working your best almost impossible. Performance is measured with numbers rather than quality of performance and contact with students and colleagues. Even if you were to do incredibly well, an enrollment counselor "raise" is not more than $1,000.

Advice to Management

If you expect us to do our best as employees, pays us what we're worth and train us if we are lacking in areas rather than give us only once a year reviews.