Cover image for Western Governors University

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great University to work for

Nov 4, 2014 - Student Mentor - Faculty
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my team mates and they have great training for new employees. I was a student mentor so I was on the phone all day with students. I loved being able to help my students reach their goals. There are two large training meetings a year that are really nice and are good for meeting your team mates and getting to see your co-workers face-to-face. In comparison to other university's that I've worked for they are cutting edge in their methods to help students learn and it really is a great model. They are much better than any for-proit university that I've ever worked for. The fact that they are not-for-profit and cared about the students learning says a lot about them. I would work there again in a heartbeat.

Cons

The metrics that you are evaluated by can be stressful sometimes to an extreme. If you're a student mentor you have to work some evening hours in order to meet students availability. The pay was not as high as I would have liked so I still worked a part-time job to supplement my income.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Employer

Dec 7, 2022 - Program Mentor in Charleston, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, desirable culture, flexible scheduling, and working from a home office is a huge plus!

Cons

You must be a very self-motivated individual to be effective but if this is understood, it is not really a con.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview Process

Dec 6, 2022 - Clinical and field experience assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and great culture to experience, love all hiring managers and recruiters.

Cons

Interviewed with three people, not sure if thats the normal process

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Western Governors University.

Western Governors University Careers

Cover image for Western Governors University

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to learn more about us! Here at WGU, we believe that talent is universal—even if opportunity...More

• Our Story

Western Governors University photo of: Town Hall
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employees at Town Hall
Western Governors University photo of: Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employees at a Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employee receiving a prize pack at a Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: Employees during Town Hall