Cover image for Western Governors University

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Pay is way too low

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is rewarding to help students reach their goals and earn degrees that help them improve their lives. There are a lot of awesome, dedicated people working at WGU (for now).

Cons

The pay is extremely low. We are losing our talented employees because they are moving on to jobs that pay them what they are worth. The top leadership is not great and seems to be disconnected from issues regarding pay. There is a lot of glossing over concerns raised in employee feedback in the name of holding on to being a great place to work.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Culture and opportunities

Dec 3, 2022 - Program Mentor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

WGU offers a very supportive top-down culture and many opportunities for professional growth. They invest in their employees.

Cons

Consistent changes in processes and programs for the benefit of employees and students. It is important to embrace change and realize that you will have the tools and support to be successful.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Shockingly Great Place to Work

Nov 29, 2022 - Event Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy my work at WGU. It’s fast-paced, innovative, and you know everyone is working toward a worthwhile goal.

Cons

It’s a non-profit. The pay is competitive, but they’re pretty tight lipped about salaries.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Western Governors University.

Western Governors University Careers

Cover image for Western Governors University

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to learn more about us! Here at WGU, we believe that talent is universal—even if opportunity...More

• Our Story

Western Governors University photo of: Town Hall
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employees at Town Hall
Western Governors University photo of: Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employees at a Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: WGU employee receiving a prize pack at a Town Hall event
Western Governors University photo of: Employees during Town Hall