Western Growers - Would not work here again! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Western Growers

"Would not work here again!"

Pros

Good Health Insurance package, decent location

Cons

Poor management, dis-respectful/rude colleagues, lack of communication

Advice to Management

Please hire people who have interpersonal skills and know how to respectfully communicate issues or concerns.

Western Growers Response

Feb 13, 2014 – vice president human resources

As a member of senior management I have accessed our organization’s need to continually develop the skills and abilities of current and future leaders. I am happy to report Western Growers hired a ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Western Growers

"Great Company!"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Western Growers as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Western Growers for almost 6 months and have been impressed with my experience so far. The company culture is great; good work/life balance. Western Growers believes in their products and works to attract great people to the organization. It’s a growing company with many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of. Management is there for you every step of the way, they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed by providing coaching and helping you with anything you may need. My team is motivated, fun, and always supportive; I’ve learned a lot from them.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative at Western Growers.

"Boys Only Club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Western Growers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some awesome employees here that have great ideas, go above and beyond and make working there tolerable. However, they will probably quit once they see the light.

The benefits were decent but I've had better. Plus all of your medical claims are processed/paid for by them! Can you say conflict of interest?

Cons

First off, if you're a female don't even bother going to work here. Western Growers is run by a bunch of men who only want to promote other men. If they could they'd probably still be smoking and drinking in the offices and sleeping with their assistants. I've seen women at all levels treated as inferior employees. They are NOT as progressive and as innovative as they'd like you to think.

They blow immense amounts of money on upper management salaries, cars, travel and events yet give their employees measly raises, if any.

Human Resources is a joke. Don't expect a shoulder to cry on, an ear to talk to and definitely don't trust them with any confidential information. This is not the kind of HR department that's looking out for the little guys.

Advice to Management

Get with the times! Promote more women and bring their voices to the table.