Western State Colorado University - Awsome place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Western State Colorado University

"Awsome place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Custdion in Gunnison, CO
Current Employee - Custdion in Gunnison, CO

Pros

The hours are awesome. The management are a great team and very fair. Very family oriented, for example if a family member such as a child is ill at school, no questions asked the saying is go take care of your family. The management we have now is just great to work with. The best I have ever worked for !!!!!

Cons

SNOW SNOW SNOW Sometimes you have a hard time keeping with snow and trying to get your work done. But on the whole no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work You guys are an awsome team to work for. The positive attitude and weekly meetings are great

Other Employee Reviews for Western State Colorado University

1. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Western State Colorado University part-time

Pros

Great experience and great area to live.

Cons

Long Hours for how little pay. Comes with the position though.

2. "Current administration DOESN'T GET IT."

I worked at Western State Colorado University full-time

Pros

I love Western and am an alum myself. I have a passion for the community and feel that I got a wonderful education there. Also, my direct supervisor was wonderful and the team I worked with was amazing. However, of the four of us, none of us are employed by Western anymore. Western has a lot going for it for students, as its student-faculty ratio is incredibly low and students are really able to tailor their educational experience to their personal values and career aspirations.

Cons

The current administration at Western is going the way of the education factory. They care only about butts in seats. Also, the current president of the university was only hired because he's buddies with the chair of the school's Board of Trustees. Another candidate was heavily favored by students, faculty, and staff. This administration is not interested in promoting any of the assets at Western -- particularly its amazing location and recreational pursuits, which are the basis of the most successful programs at the university. Instead, they are dumping assets into promoting a nominally successful school of business, while most other departments are left to fend for themselves. The culture is such that employees are expected to take on increasing responsibilities with no additional compensation, so everyone ends up overworked and underpaid. The turnover there in administrative positions is incredibly high.